Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Out of key

Well I went speed dating the other day. I don't really know how to feel about it. It seems as though I should feel something.

I saw the new Bond movie and was really disappointed. You can only coast off of the previous movie's success for so long.

I started jogging. So far it's not doing much for me.

There was an episode of family guy where Peter gets drunk and becomes a piano prodigy. There's one scene where he's wasted and starts to play a song but it's off key. Lois comes out and pushes him an inch or two and then hes on key. He was playing all the right notes he was just out of position a little bit, and was to drunk to realize it. I kinda feel that way right now. Not the drunk thing. I mean I feel like I'm playing all the right notes but I'm out of position and so everything is off key. I'm going through the right motions but I'm not getting the proper result.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I've never thought of my life and depression like that before, but that's such a great way of putting it.

chelsea said...

I can relate to this feeling. It's not fun. I have had two of my four days this week so far feeling completely off kilter, not lined up right, and completely frustrated and unproductive because of it.

Grrrr. I hope you will get that nudge into the right position soon.

chelsea said...

PS add the follow my blog widget and I'll follow you!

something more than ordinary said...

Alright, added a follow section. Thanks Chelsea.