Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More bad news from Buddha

"A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker."
-Buddha


Well thanks a lot Buddha. That's another thing you've said that makes sense. Yet it hurts me because I have tried to refine myself into a good speaker. I like to think of myself as a man of words. Not that I'm good at small talk. But I like to think that I am good at conveying my ideas. I also used to think that this made me a better man. Then Buddha comes along with his infinite wisdom, and ruins it all for me.

2 comments:

from my eyes to yours said...

You know I just don't get Buddha. I just think he is kind of overrated. Like if you were to hang out with him after a while you would be like," Ok man we get it your in touch with the spirit". "Oh sweet more pearls of wisdom. Thanks I needed you to tell me how my life is like a flower." Ya know? Also I look at Gary Busey, right now he says a lot of crazy stuff. I know that if we took everything that he has said you could make a whole book of great quotes. Uplifting spiritual quotes. Maybe we just have all the gems from Buddha. I once heard Gary say,"Never duck lower than you can duck." That has changed my life and I know it will continue to bless the life of others.

something more than ordinary said...

Well I think Buddha also benifits from being born early on in earths history. A lot of what he said is very insightful but also very intuitive. So when you hear it you think, wow that is so smart. It makes so much sense, why didn't I think of it. Wait I could have thought of it, but Buddha beat me to the punch. He also has way better PR than I do.