Friday, November 14, 2008

Notable Blogs and Crying Winds.

As I log into my blog I have noticed that a link. This link directs me to "Blogs of note." When I first saw this I thought well that's nice. They have a little showcase section for blogs. I wouldn't have thought anymore about it except that it is always there when I log in. It stares me in the face as if to say "Yeah here's a blog of note, and guess what... Its not yours." and then it laughs at me. I've become obsessed.

What does one have to do to get their blog onto the "blogs of note" list? Do I have to start including pictures, I can do that. Does my spelling and me grammar need be better, cuz I can change. Do I need to send the powers that run the "blogs of note" fancy gifts and bribes, because I can... wait I can't do that. Not in this economy anyway.

I mean I've looked at some of these so called "blogs of note", there more like "blogs of not!" Or perhaps I should say naught, because they don't seem very noteworthy to me. That's just one man's opinion, one bitter and jaded man's opinion. It's just as valid as any other.

So I stand up for myself. I call out to the world "Here I am, this is my blog, and it is noteworthy." And I hear my voice echo in the empty theater. It's a harsh sound, but listening to it grants me insight. I know why the shrieking wind howls. It is because it's lonely and wants attention. It doesn't get it as the gentle breeze and so it works destruction and forces you to observe it.

Well this has been my rant. It all could have been avoided if someone at "blogs of note" had noted my blog. I even tried to look up their criteria for blogs wanting to qualify as notable. There was nothing posted. It felt like they were going out of their way to be aloof. Like the Gods on Olympus dispensing favors and punishments in a truly arbitrary fashion. We mortals toil as they pull the strings of fate and we dance like puppets for their amusement.

No comments: