Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekends on my mind

Don't always want to sound like I'm down all the time. Even though I am. But I know it is sometimes tiring to only listen to one note. So it's the weekend for me and I'm feeling rather good. The weekends are usually nice. At least they are until they end and I have to go back to work, and I realize that I wasted the time off.

But there is something to be said for wasting time. People need time to sit back and do nothing. It's all part of the pacing of life. Look at nature it's self, it has it's growing seasons and it's winter seasons. But us humans work all year long. I really think the bears have the right idea. When winter comes they hibernate. They know that the winter is miserable so they don't even try to muddle through. They hunker down and wait it out. When I had a beach adjacent to the where I was living I used to love going out to the sands and just watching the surf and the sunset. If I was still by the beaches I would be there every day for every sunsets. Now I hate the water, hate getting wet. I just love the scenery. The sunsets are like a sigh painted on the horizon.

No comments: