Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trying not to speak

I am sometimes afraid that I burden people with my sadness. I don't not wish to. I feel like sometimes I tend to drag every conversation towards my depression. I try to avoid it, I try to engage others in their lives as opposed to my woes. I think I sound like a broken record sometimes. But it's difficult because I wake up every day and I have to work myself up to normal. And when I say normal I mean normal for me, which in reality is barely functioning. That's my normal. The days when I just get by are my good days. This is where I live everyday. So because of this it's hard for me to talk about anything else.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm the opposite, I think my problem is that I very rarely talk to people about my depression, and then it ends up being bottled up inside. I don't want to be a burden on people or bore them, so if they ask me how I am I just tell them I'm fine, and if I'm with people I just pretend to be happy. But it gets tiring having to keep up the pretense all the time.