Friday, September 5, 2008

"All the loney people."

"Where do they all come from?"

I just did a search on this google blog thingy. I looked up all the people who like me listed depression on their interests list. There are a lot of us out there. You might think that the knowledge that I'm not alone would be comforting. But it is sad to see so many people suffering. Some to greater or lesser degrees than me. Some have a very positive outlook, others seem completely resigned to their fate.

I wish all this was not so. I wish there could be a way to "just decide to be happy." But problems don't go away just by wishing. Some problems never leave no matter how hard one tries.

I can't help but ask why? Why so many, why so much pain? I don't have any answers. Just questions that fill me with sadness and rage.

2 comments:

from my eyes to yours said...

i understand brain leak. i really do. you do have to understand though that my life has been centered around one liners. being in the athletic world you dont have time to sit and talk about stuff as a player is running out onto the field. you dont have time to talk it's just a one liner that could change everything. so please dont judge our talks based on my one liners. try to focus on my intent.

something more than ordinary said...

I know, I know. If problems could be solved with bumper sticker slogans the world would be a utopia. I know that things are complicated. Things are not easy. I'm just tired of things being hard. I'm afraid that I'm not strong enough. Life has broken better men than me.