Monday, August 4, 2008

You can never go home again.

I think the person who said this tried. I know I tried and I came to the aforementioned conclusion. For anyone that has left home I think you'll find that there is no going back. Even if you go back. Try it and you'll find that people have kept living without you. How dare they. Places are different. People don't look at you the same, or perhaps worse they treat you the way they did before you left.

I'm not talking about vacations here. I'm talking about that key moment of life were you leave (or are tossed) out of the nest. You either fly or fall. But one way or the other you've left, there's no going back. For if you do, it will only end in disaster.

The sad thing is that this has to happen or else a person won't grow as a human being. We've all become something more than what we were. Yet we all lose something in that process. And that absence of what we lost makes us what we are today.

No comments: