Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A little about me.

I grew up despite all efforts to the contrary. I'm still alive despite all efforts of my enemies. I graduated high school although my diploma was not so much a badge of accomplishment as it was a scar of survival. I've battled with depression most of my life. To this day my brain is trying to kill me in it's own funny way.

I've been working ever since I was old enough to push a lawnmower. When other kids were still collecting allowances I was paying rent. When my peers entered the full time work force I had already put ten years of labor under my belt.

I try not to be bitter about these things but it's hard. I try not to look at these things as stumbling blocks but as adversities to overcome.

I'd like to be a writer. It's been a dream of mine since childhood. I was telling stories before I had words. My first story was about a presidential election between fire and water. Water won, by the way.

Hope is a virtue that defines my life right now. I'm running a little low on faith. Those who have come down to the wire that I have will know what I'm talking about. They'll know the distinction between faith and hope. I don't have much faith in my fellow man, much faith in the world, worst of all I don't have much faith in myself. Because I've let myself down. I hope I won't do it again but I wouldn't put money on it.

That's why I'm only something more than ordinary and not extraordinary.

No comments: